Friday, December 10, 2010

Paradise Bakery Butternut Squash Soup

Brig and I really like the butternut squash soup at Paradise Bakery so this is my attempt to copy it. We actually used a sweet meet squash because the White's grew a lot of them this summer. It was delicious. I served it with yummy rolls and my favorite salad that I will post the recipes for soon!

  • 1 yellow onion, chopped
  • 1 carrot, grated
  • 1tbsp butter
  • 1 butternut squash peeled, seeds removed, chopped and cooked (boiled or roasted)
  • Apple Juice
  • 2 cups chicken broth (I used vegetable broth)
  • Pinches of nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, pepper
  • Heavy Cream (drizzled on top)
  • Pumpkin seeds to sprinkle on top (optional)

Melt butter in large pot and let the carrots cook in the butter. Once soft, remove from pot and set aside. Add onions to put and cook until soft. add more butter or olive oil if needed. Add broth and squash. Let simmer and then puree with hand blender or regular blender. Add apple juice or broth if more liquid is needed. Once pureed, add carrots back in and let simmer a few more minutes. Season with nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Add 1/4 cup of cream to pot. Place in bowls and drizzle cream and sprinkle with seeds.





No comments:

Post a Comment